Saturday, October 17, 2009

First Blog since...Well... Ever :-)

Okay. So, here goes....

Useless rambling... I've always been great at that. Now that I'm pregnant, this is LONG overdue.

Let's start with, last evening after work. Which came after a great day working with fund raising for the Eastern Carolina Muscular Dystrophy Association. They have me doing two different jobs there now-starting yesterday. Not only do I call business leaders and sign them up for the totally-fun-but-kind-of-lame MDA Lock-Up, but I now call as their "warden" to make sure they are raising money in preparation of lock-up day. I now am in charge of raising $15,000 by November 19. We are currently at $500. (You can see why they let the last young lady go I guess?) Regardless, I am super excited! Now on to the events of the evening...

I have been mentally preparing myself this week to spend my FIRST weekend (in the new house/new home town) almost 34 weeks pregnant and alone. Yes, "husbandless." For some women it sounds like the perfect opportunity to catch up on housework, laundry, movies, old friends... right? Wrong.

I knew I would cry a bit when Saturday afternoon came- along with the realization that I would be sleeping alone that night, but I did not expect my dingbat husband to simply NOT inform me that the goodbye would occur 7-8 hours prior than the expected afternoon. That's right, after mentioning the stupid 2 day business trip to Atlanta 3 times yesterday evening it took me outright ASKING the dreaded question. "So what time are you and Wes leaving tomorrow afternoon?" Response at approximately 7:45 pm: "Oh, Wes decided that we should leave at 8am."

Call it the building stress of bills, rent, and upcoming baby with a mix of hormonal emotion-- but I did not take this news with a smile. (But I did refrain from throwing inanimate objects and using larger-than-6-inch-voices and inappropriate, condescending language toward my husband.) Now seriously... when was he planning on telling me. He didn't forget. The matter didn't simply "not cross his mind." It was under discussion throughout the entire day. What was this man thinking--or NOT thinking? Did he want all hell to break loose at 8am that morning?

No... I simply left the room and asked him kindly not to follow me, "YOU BIG JERK."

Then came the phone call from Wes to Brian. "Oh, we're leaving at 7am now, okay," Brian whispered. Doesn't he realize pregnant women have highly developed senses?

*Enter unexplainable, uncontrollable, completely irrational whimpering, stage left.*

Did I mention that I was starving and hadn't eaten since noon? OR that I was suffering from terrible stomach cramps and backaches that had me in a morphed fetal position all night?

Needless to say, my friends... I must have woken up every hour on the hour to continue torturing my husband with moans and groans and hysterical crying until finally I gave in and allowed him to hug me at 6am this morning. Please pray for safe travel for the love of my life and father of my child. Also pray for him to return to a wife, all in one piece--no longer suffering from swollen sinuses or body aches, and no airborne foreign objects flying toward his pretty little head.

The end. :-)

2 comments:

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

oh bless you, i kinda had to laugh, i totally know how you feel! LOL fun blog, keep it up!

Shauna said...

lol SEE!! Blogging IS therapeutic! I'm just convinced men don't realize exactly how sensitive we women get when carrying THEIR child! lol I promise, it'll be ok, and he'll be home before you know it..and it serves him right if there are a few "decorative" changes he didn't want beforehand. lmao!

Post a Comment