Sunday, April 18, 2010

Updates and such...

Let's see. This month has been defining for myself and my family. We have been back in Raleigh since September and somehow it feels as though we are still adjusting- adjusting financially, culturally, and most of all mentally. Work is finally picking up for Brian, which is wonderful. It will be nice to maybe feel a little comfortable for a while. Life in the South is very different than what my husband is used to out west. He is adjusting beautifully and truly loves it here. I'm sure it was a shock going from Utah, to Texas, to North Carolina! However, we are at home here. Slowly making new friends. Neither of us have family here, and it's really hard, but we are HOME.

Despite not having actual kin here, we have an amazing church family filled with wonderful, kind people. I've never enjoyed Sunday School as much as I do 'nowadays.' I praise God for the opportunity to sit and study scripture with other wonderful couples and most of all, with my husband. Every day we get one step closer to a "Christ centered marriage." It will still take some time, but we are growing...together. Isn't it cool? How we broke the religious lines and how God is using us and WILL continue to use us in the future? Brian and I used to have very little in common. We are, with God's help, changing that. He is molding us. We are both finding comfort in His true Gospel. It was something we were very unsure about for the first year of our relationship. I've always known God, but now I can truly see Him blessing us and working in our lives. It's really cool, my friends. No matter how difficult of a situation Brian and I seem to find ourselves in, He always provides. I stand in awe of His miracles.

For instance...
The power of prayer, folks, is... NO... the power of God THROUGH prayer is incredible. Just this week my grandmother went into the hospital with Emphysema and Congestive Heart Failure. The doctors told me she would not live without the machines breathing for her and that it would be my decision when to let her leave this world. I was crushed. I felt like my heart exploded in my chest. She's my mother for all intents and purposes and most of all my best friend. She knows me. She's the only person in this world that truly KNOWS me. However, somehow, just yesterday, I called the hospital and heard her beautiful voice on the other end of the phone. She was off the ventilator, breathing better than before she was taken to the hospital. God is good. Thank you, Lord, for hearing our prayers and for giving this wonderful person a little more time with us.

Other things, let's see.

I auditioned and was called back for one of the lead roles, Clara, for the musical "The Light in the Piazza." When I first auditioned, I had no expectations at all. So many amazingly talented musicians auditioned, but I was actually called back! Callbacks were Saturday. I'm all but sure I did NOT get the role of Clara, simply because- although my second audition was good, it was not my best. I have a hunch the directors were somewhat sweet on one of the other three girls up for the role. She had a pretty fair second audition. If she is cast for the role, I am positive she will do great! I, however, will not mind at all being in the ensemble cast. It will probably be better to accept a smaller role at first. I need to get my sight reading skills back up to PAR! It will be great preparation for my next audition endeavor.

As for my family life. Things get better everyday. I love that. Things always get rocky, but they always end up better than before. I truly have been blessed with a very patient and understanding husband! Which are important traits if you wish to be married to me. I can be quite spontaneous and impatient. I like things to happen immediately. I cannot help it. It is both a blessing and a curse. Micaiah-- I don't talk about this wonderful person enough. She has brightened my life in ways I never thought possible. Everyone talks about their kids being the light of their lives, but with my daughter, this couldn't be more true. My life has felt somewhat desolate and incomplete for many years. Then Micaiah swiftly and unexpectedly entered my life. She's very special. She can make me smile when my heart is completely broken. I cannot wait until we can lay around and have wonderful mother/daughter conversations together. I cannot wait to see her all grown up, even though when those days come I will long to hold her tiny infant self in my arms again. Parenthood. My goodness. It changes you. Heart, mind, body, and soul. All for the better.

Thanks for reading today. I will try to update more often. Blogging--so therapeutic.


No comments:

Post a Comment